Hospitality members at Prince Arthur Hotel in Thunder Bay ratify a new agreement
The members at Prince Arthur Waterfront Hotel & Suites in Thunder Bay ratified a three-year agreement on January 12, 2023. Wage increases are as follows: Year 1: $0.50, Year 2: $0.25 and Year 3: $0.25. Minimum wage gap language is also included in the language of the agreement. There will also be an additional wage increase for long service employees of: 5 Years: $0.40, 10 Years: $0.60, 15 Years: $0.75 and 20 Years: $1.00.
Other language improvements include:
- 3 paid sick days for all employees.
- The addition of the Civic Holiday to the list of paid holidays.
- Null & Void language for disciplines without representation.
- 4-hour minimum shift (was 3).
- Grandparent bereavement leave increases to 3 days (was 2).
Union negotiating committee: Michael Floyd. Region 1 Director: Tracy Stubbs.
Interested in reading about more negotiations in the hospitality sector at UFCW 175? Click here.
Have you moved? Update your address with us.