First contract ratified for Vaughan Courtyard Marriot members
The new members at Courtyard Marriot in Vaughan ratified their first collective agreement with a three-year term on December 19, 2022. These members will see wage adjustments of nearly 9% for the majority of the membership in Year 1. In Year 2 – $.50 and in Year 3 – $.50.
The employer will maintain an RRSP for the workers and health and welfare benefits will be a fixed cost for the members for the life of the CBA.
Along with the protections of a Union and collective agreement these workers now have language for:
- One extra paid sick day
- A lower overtime threshold of 42 hours
- New nightshift premium
- Guarantee of eight hours for stat holidays for all employees
- New $50 safety shoe allowance
- Additional leave of absence language
- Reimbursement for doctors’ notes
- New carts for housekeepers
- No tips for management
- Additional vacation accrual and time for senior employees
- New job posting and scheduling language
Union negotiating committee: Union representative – Tony Nigro
Interested in reading about more negotiations in the hospitality sector at UFCW 175? Click here.
Have you moved? Update your address with us.
Read the most recent issue of Checkout online, or find issues going back 20 years!